A-Team Update, July 29, 2015
July 29, 2015
Posted by on
Treeherder: We’ve added to mozlog the ability to create error summaries which will be used as the basis for automatic starring. The Treeherder team is working on implementing database changes which will make it easier to add support for that. On the front end, there’s now a “What’s Deployed” link in the footer of the help page, to make it easier to see what commits have been applied to staging and production. Job details are now shown in the Logviewer, and a mockup has been created of additional Logviewer enhancements; see bug 1183872.
MozReview and Autoland: Work continues to allow autoland to work on inbound; MozReview has been changed to carry forward r+ on revised commits.
Bugzilla: The ability to search attachments by content has been turned off; BMO documentation has been started at https://bmo.readthedocs.org.
Perfherder/Performance Testing: We’re working towards landing Talos in-tree. A new Talos test measuring tab-switching performance has been created (TPS, or Talos Page Switch); e10s Talos has been enabled on all platforms for PGO builds on mozilla-central. Some usability improvements have been made to Perfherder – https://treeherder.mozilla.org/perf.html#/graphs.
TaskCluster: Successful OSX cross-compilation has been achieved; working on the ability to trigger these on Try and sorting out details related to packaging and symbols. Work on porting Linux tests to TaskCluster is blocked due to problems with the builds.
Marionette: The Marionette-WebDriver proxy now works on Windows. Documentation on using this has been added at https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/QA/Marionette/WebDriver.
Developer Workflow: A kill_and_get_minidump method has been added to mozcrash, which allows us to get stack traces out of Windows mochitests in more situations, particularly plugin hangs. Linux xpcshell debug tests have been split into two chunks in buildbot in order to reduce E2E times, and chunks of mochitest-browser-chrome and mochitest-devtools-chrome have been re-normalized by runtime across all platforms. Now that mozharness lives in the tree, we’re planning on removing the “in-tree configs”, and consolidating them with the previously out-of-tree mozharness configs (bug 1181261).
Tools: We’re testing an auto-backfill tool which will automatically retrigger coalesced jobs in Treeherder that precede a failing job. The goal is to reduce the turnaround time required for this currently manual process, which should in turn reduce tree closure times related to test failures
- We’re generating error summaries now that will serve as the basis for automatic starring work.
- New “What’s Deployed” feature in Help footer to view stage/prod deployment status
- Logviewer now contains the full ‘Job Info’ aka. tinderbox printlines (bug 1092209)
- Created a mock of logviewer UI changes (bug 1183872)
- Working towards moving Talos code in-tree (bug 787200)
- New Talos test TPS (Talos Page Switch) (bug 1166132)
- Fixed a few data ingestion/duplication cases.
- Adjusting calculation of suite summaries to match graph server, not finished yet (tracking: bug 1184968)
- e10s on all platforms, only runs on mozilla-central for pgo builds, broken tests, big regressions are tracked in bug 1144120
- perfherder is easier to use, some polish on test selection and the compare view, and most importantly we have found a few odd bugs that has caused duplicate data to show up, check it out: https://treeherder.mozilla.org/perf.html#/graphs
- Starting the work of moving Android Talos to Autophone (bug 1170685)
- bug 1184079 – Fix for autopublishing when authenticating to MozReview via BMO cookies
- bug 1178025 – Commits table looks nicer
- bug 1175166 – r+ is now carried forward on commits from level 3 authors
- Continued work on porting android talos tests to autophone, remaining work is to figure out posting results and ensuring it runs on a regular basis and reliable.
- Support for the Android stock browser and Dolphin has been added to mozbench (bug 1103134)
- Created patch that replaces mach’s logger with mozlog. Still several rough edges and perf issues to iron out
- The new MSE rewrite is now enabled by default on Nightly and we’re replacing a few tests in response: bug 1186943 – detection of video stalls has to repond to new internal strings from new MSE implementation by :jya.
- firefox-media-tests mozharness log is now parsed into steps for Treeherder’s Log Viewer
- Fixed a problem with automation scripts for WebRTC tests for Windows 64.
- Moved mozlog.structured to top-level mozlog, and released mozlog 3.0
- Added a kill_and_get_minidump method to mozcrash (bug 890026). As a result we’re getting minidumps out of Windows mochitests under more circumstances (in particular, plugin hangs in certain intermittently failing tests).
- The MozillaPulse consumer now supports listening to multiple exchanges simultaneously (bug 1180897).
- Bug 1186420 – Autophone – update requirements and deploy thclient 1.6
- Bughunter moved to SCL3 without interruption
- Bug 1185498 – Sisyphus – Bughunter – consume urls directly from Socorro
- linux debug xpcshell was split into two chunks to reduce E2E times (bug 1185499)
- runtimes for mochitest-browser-chrome and mochitest-devtools have been renormalized across all platforms
- Allow Firefox UI tests to determine where to get Firefox crash symbols for releases and improve reproducibility
- Testing auto-backfill in production (bug 1180732)
- Now that mozharness lives in the tree, we’re going to remove the “in-tree configs”, which will consolidate mozharness options and make maintenance simpler (bug 1181261)
- ActiveData requires monitoring on all nodes before it can be left alone for more than a day without it failing:
- Made fork of Supervisor to run simple Cron jobs – the biggest task was finding and installing (and compiling!) the C libraries used
- Added Supervisor to spot instances to monitor ES; not just the process, but query response time. Also monitoring the indexing jobs.
- Replicated OrangeFactor to ActiveData so masters student (and the public) we can query it, or extract it.
- Landed Proxy support via capabilities
- Updating cookie support to return httpOnly flag
- Added a –version arg to Marionette (bug 1183157)
- Landing support for W3C Compatible Drivers in Selenium Tree and released 2.46.1 so users can use it.
- Wrote a small guide to use it https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/QA/Marionette/WebDriver
- Marionette<->WebDriver Proxy now works on Windows, Linux and OSX as of 0.3.0