Is this thing on?
GrafxBot Results Update
September 22, 2010Posted by on
Thanks to the many thousands of you who have downloaded GrafxBot and submitted test results to Mozilla! In case you’re curious about what we’ve done with all that data, here are some statistics:
- According to AMO, GrafxBot has been downloaded about 4700 times.
- We have nearly 30,000 sets of test results that were submitted to our database, for a total of 3.7 million tests.
- The test results span 282 unique video cards on Windows, 30 on Mac, and 171 on Linux.
- The failure rate (which is somewhat subjective given the manual pass/fail mechanism) averages around 0.4% on Windows, 0.5% on Mac, and 1.1% on Linux.
- Test data has resulted in a total of 37 bugs being filed.
Aside from the raw test results, many of you have submitted useful comments. Some have noted that fonts look bad when Firefox is accelerated; others have described scrolling or other issues. Not all of these problems can be detected by GrafxBot, so if you notice problems like these when browsing, I encourage you to file a bug report in Bugzilla, under Core -> Graphics. If you submit a bug report, please include the details of your graphics hardware, and include a screenshot if possible.
GrafxBot continues to be updated along with Firefox betas, so I encourage interested folks to continue running GrafxBot each beta release. Thanks for all your help in making Firefox 4 the fastest ever!